iDEAL is an online payment method that consumers can use to pay through their own bank. Not only web shops but also other online organizations outside the e-commerce market offer iDEAL. iDEAL is increasingly being used to pay utility bills, donations to charities, top up call credits, pay municipal taxes, traffic fines, etc ...
- Since its introduction in 2005, more than 500 million payments have been made with iDEAL.
- IDEAL can be used to pay at more than 100,000 web shops and other organizations.
- iDEAL has been selected for years in the top 10 of strong and indispensable brands.
- 60% of consumers paid for their last online purchase with iDEAL.
iDEAL is not a central electronic payment system, but a collection of technical agreements between banks and transaction processors.
Based on these technical agreements, iDEAL is seamlessly integrated into the internet banking of the banks.
- The transition to European payments is almost complete, Currency writes in its 2013 annual report.